Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hotel Fitness Room

I went to Maine this past weekend with my family and we stayed in a hotel on Saturday night. The hotel was very nice with a pool, hot tub, and a fitness room. I was interested to see what they had in this "fitness room" so I peeped in. It was a decent size room with a treadmill, a stationary bike, and an elliptical machine. That was it! There were no resistance training tools at all, not even a dumbbell. It made me realize the sad state our society is in regarding fitness. Three cardio machines and no weights. I would have felt better if the room was completely empty with only the rubber gym mats. At least then, a person could perform some good body weight drills and get some exercise benefit. The way the space was set up, you didn't have room to do anything productive. I could understand maybe one or two "cardio" machines but having no weights is just wrong. A pull-up bar and some kettlebells would be all you would need. I suppose that's the way it is and I should be surprised that they even had a "fitness room" to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment