Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lack Of Time Is No Excuse!

I often hear people say "I would exercise more but I don't have any free time." That is simply not a good enough reason. Today for instance, I was planning my workout in my head thinking I would do some Turkish get-ups and kettlebell snatches. Well, by the time I got home from working all day long I only had fifteen solid minutes to train. So instead of telling myself I didn't have time, I combined the get-up and snatch for the fifteen minute duration. The workout went like this:

I started with my left arm raised, lying on my back and performed a get-up to the standing position. Once I was standing, I did five snatches with the same arm and descended back to the lying position of the get-up. I switched to my right arm and repeated the process. I kept changing sides and took short rests between switches. The weight I used was 24kg(53 lbs.) Fifteen minutes was up and I was done.

The kettlebell is a versatile tool that allows you to do a lot of work in a short amount of time. I have done ten minute workouts before that have totally wiped me out. The amount of muscle recruitment involved in these exercises are very beneficial. The body works as a unit to perform these movements and the results are nothing short of amazing. The best part is that you don't have to dedicate time for separate cardio workouts like running. The excuse of no time to train is weak.

The will and motivation to better yourself should be a daily habit. Having more energy and stamina to get through difficult tasks are all possible if you apply yourself. Time is not the issue here. By staying consistant, exercise will actually free up more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment