Friday, August 13, 2010

The Value Of A Great Instructor

When I was preparing for the HKC certification I decided to see an RKC for a few sessions.  I am real glad I did!  I had been training with kettlebells for quite some time and I received all of my information through books and DVDs.  Even though I got a lot out of those things, my form was still suffering.  Little mistakes that I was making went unnoticed by myself because I couldn't watch myself while I was training.  An extra pair of eyes will do wonders for you.  I was lucky enough to have a great RKC Instructor teach me the correct form and the time to work on these problems.  It's real hard to break bad lifting habits when you have been grooving the same movements day in and day out.  I would suggest video taping yourself so you can really see what's going on. 

So my advice to all the new kettlebell enthusiasts out there is to go see a reputable Instructor from the get go.  It's not worth it to try and figure everything out on your own.  The proper trainer will teach you the correct form from the start so you can get quicker results.  I can't stress safety enough and there are a lot of details involved when you apply the hardstyle methods.

1 comment:

  1. When I was preparing for the HKC certification I decided to see an RKC for a few sessions. I am real glad I did! I had been training with kettlebells for quite some time and I received all of my information through books and DVDs. buy kettlebells

    ReplyDelete